Dear friends of Cal NORML:
We urge you to consider a year-end donation to California NORML via https://www.wepay.com/donations/california_norml.
2012 presents major challenges for cannabis reform here in California. In coming days, Cal NORML will announce its support of a major new initiative drive, sponsored by a broad “unity” coalition of groups, to reform the state’s medical marijuana laws in a way that protects patients’ rights, provides clear legal protection to providers, and realizes Prop. 215’s mandate for a “safe and affordable” distribution system.
Cal NORML is also supporting a separate initiative to repeal cannabis prohibition in California: http://sensiblecalifornia2012.org.
Last year was a difficult year, but Cal NORML led the fight by:
* Sponsoring statewide conferences that led to the filing of several ballot initiatives for cannabis reform in 2012;
* Sponsoring an appellate court challenge to restrictive local anti-cultivation laws and helping activists fight oppressive local regulations against medical marijuana;
* Co-sponsoring a DEA petition to reschedule marijuana for medical use, which is now headed for the U.S. Court of Appeals;
* Leading protests against the federal crackdown on medical cannabis providers;
* Co-sponsoring legislation in Sacramento to reduce cultivation penalties;
* Sponsoring a quality control “ring test” of the developing cannabis testing industry.
For a summary of this year’s activities, click here.
*** Please donate to Cal NORML online or send a check to:
California NORML, 2261 Market St. #278A, San Francisco CA 94114.